Alice Beyke confirmed that Mary is indeed a child of James, Sr. and Elizabeth Rightmire through information
found on the LDS web site and in the 1850 census, Noble County, Indiana.
Roderick Prouty, born about 1797 in Orange
County, New York. According to the 1850 census, he was a farmer in Noble County, Indiana. Roderick died March 31, 1861 in
Noble County, Indiana. The children of Mary and Roderick are:
(3) James R. Prouty, born about 1826.
(3) Jefferson C. Prouty, born December, 1826 in Richland County, Ohio. Jefferson married Martha
Dye. He died on September 18, 1903 in Wadena, Fayette County, Iowa.
(3) Jackson Prouty, born about 1828.
(3) Orange Prouty, born 1830. He married Susanah (last name unknown), born in about 1831. He was
also a farmer. Orange and Susanah had at least one child:
(4) Jason Prouty, born in about 1848.
(3) Elizabeth Prouty, born 1832. She married Everson Freeman.
(3) Sarah Prouty, born in about 1835.
(3) John Prouty, born 1837.
(3) Clarissa Prouty, born 1839. She married James L. Mahon.
(3) Mahala Prouty, born 1841. She married Adam Engle.
(3) Mary Prouty, born 1843. She married Marshal Marsh.
(3) Lucinda Prouty, born 1847.
(3) Lydia Prouty, born 1848.